dimanche 8 juin 2014

A Walk In Paris #3 - Street Art Along The Canal Saint Martin


Today was another beautiful day in Paris. I went on walk with Greg along the canal Saint Martin. It was not not as crowded as we thought it would be. It is a long week end for us in France since tomorrow is a public holiday, I guess a lot of people left Paris for the country side. Good for me, I don't like crowds and the canal is always packed as soon as the sky is blue and the sun is shining.
The walk along the canal is scattered with graffiti and all kinds of street arts. So that's most of the pictures I took today. And it's always different. They paint over all the art work all the time.


First I spotted this pink flamingo, well, half a pink flamingo. 



We came accross these near The Pont Ephémère. It's a bar and a concert venue and the walls around it are always covered in neat pieces such as these.

This one is my favorite of the day.



As I said there before we live near La Place de la République. And it's nice to live here because it's pretty close from a lot of awesome places in Paris. We could reach the canal after walking 10 minutes. 


This was a bar/restaurant by the canal. It looked like a squat with the walls covered in paintings.


This mural was on one of the side walls of the restaurant. I love the style.

I love this one! It used to say 'I love my neighborhood, I pick up (my dog's feces)'('J'aime mon quartier, je ramasse') , someone painted over some letters and now it says: 'I love my art, I strive' ('J'aime mon art, je ram(e)'). I think it's brilliant :p

We came accross La Petite Ceinture(The Little Belt). It used to be a train going around Paris but it's not in service anymore.

This piece is close by our home. It's been there for a while now. 

 It finally feels like summer. Well, it's still spring but we haven't had a proper spring to speak of.
That was a fun walk on such a hot day! :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire