mercredi 4 juin 2014

It's The Little Things

What a day! Yesterday we walked all over Paris to run some errands. And it was awesome. We did everything that needed to be done!


First I wanted to find a place to get my camera films from New York developped and we found a place not too expensive on Boulevard Beaumarchais. It will take up to 10 days to get back my pictures but I'm so excited! I haven't shot pictures on film for 3 or 4years and I have to admit I'm feeling a little nervous about how they'll turn out. I hope it won't be too embarrassing!

Ha! So many tickets to get my pictures back! 8 rolls!



We walked a lot in the Paris streets and I came accross these that I thought were pretty neat. The black cat above is 200meters from the appartment.


I bought dirt to plant my basil and put it on the window sill.

But the best news and what really made me glow yesterday was that I got my reflex camera back! It was at the repair shop and I didn't get a call from the store I left it at. We went there anyway. It's a second hand store with cds, dvds, appliances, jewelry... I bought my camera for 250€ three months ago and it kept giving me error messages telling that the lens was not connected properly. It wasn't all the time though, I could still use it without being bothered most of the time but since the guarantee expired on june 5 I thought I'd better bring it back to see if they could fix the problem. So yesterday, since we were there we asked if by any chance they had news about my camera and they did! They had called me but I was on voice mail(and didn't get their message). The Canon people couldn't fix my camera because the piece going wrong was worth more than the whole camera. I was on the verge of tears. So they offered that I looked at the other cameras and pick one in exchange. I tried a camera, was not happy. I just fell in love with my canon rebel. And I hated to think that just because it wasn't working right once in a while it would be tossed away or sold to pieces. So I asked the salesperson if I could have it for a lower price(that's how much I wanted to keep a broken camera! My boyfriend doesn't get me on that.). He offered 90€, the price of the different pieces. Of course I said yes and was beyond elated with this! I got 160€ back and my beloved camera! 

It even has my name on it now! :D
 I was extatic all the way back home and all night! I missed it so much! I took a bunch of pictures and had no problem. I'm just thrilled. Yesterday was such a great day.
I'm going back to work on Saturday. I'll be working in Versailles in a mall as a salesperson for the German brand WMF. I'm really happy about that, my manager got that for me and she's the best. So it was nice to have a day as full and fun as yesterday before going back to work.

Here are a few pictures I wanted to share as well of little things that made me happy this last week. I painted this picture of Edward Scissorhands for my shop. It's hard to do the details with pastels but I'm pretty happy with the result.

In New York I bought nail stickers for the first time and I'm smitten! I never wanted to try them and this time I thought, what the heck! I love everything nail related and these look so cute! They are so easy to use for such a great result. I will buy some more in September in  Chicago!

Here's the brand I bought. 


And finally a couple more pictures of the beetle I saw in Haute Savoie.
That's all for today. I hope I'll be able to sew. I have to leave at 4pm to go to Cergy to meet my good friend Estelle that I haven't seen in a while. Life is good. :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire