lundi 9 juin 2014

Re-Use Recycle Extra Fake Nails from Impress Manicure Set


I love Impress Press On nails. They look nice, they're super easy to use and they last always last a week, which exceeds my expectations. I only have good things to say about them. Well, as awesome as the product is, I'm not so happy about the fact that I have to throw away 14 nails because they don't fit and the prep up wipe is all dried out anyways. So I tried to think of a way to use the extra nails.

The last set I used had the tip covered in blue glitter. So I thought I would make resin cabochons with them.

Here are the nails in question. (The more I look at them the more I realize I didn't pick the right size for each nail, oh well! it looked nice in person.)


This is what was left. All the unused nails. I have to admit I saved the ones I wore, washed them thoroughly to be able to use them as well to make the cabochons.
 I'm curious to know if you save the wipe and humidify it to use it again with the remaining nails, would it work? I'll have to try that some other time. I'm pretty sure you can have two manicures with one box. The sizes wouldn't be perfect for the two, but since I always pick the wrong sizes to start with and it looks okay, why not! The wipe is really the key for the nails to stick. I've tried to stick a nail without cleaning my nail with the wipe and it wouldn't stick. So I guess there is some chemical on the wipe that helps the glue stick.
Anyways! Back to the cabochons.



I punched holes in the tips of the nails. First I thought I would cut them with scissors and make tiny triangles but I tried the hole punch and it worked really well. The nails are not as hard as I thought they would be. It was quick and easy. I didn't remove the glue or anything, not even the plastic protecting the glue.

Here are my little glittery fake nails sequins. :) 

I mixed the resin and put the sequins in it.

Once the first layer was dry, I put another layer with black glitter in it to make a dark background to the sequins.



And here is the result! I'm pretty happy with it! At least I didn't feel like wasting perfectly good glitter :p



Here is what I did with the cabochons. I decorated two of the brooches I made today with them and made a ring of the largest one. I love glitter too much to let it go to waste :p





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire