jeudi 12 juin 2014

New York On Film - High Line, Meat Packing District, Brooklyn, Chinatown

Exactly a month ago today, I was in New York. I brought my film camera with me since my reflex was at the repair shop. Today I got back two of the rolls on paper. I'm going to get all of the seven rolls little by little because it's expensive!!! :p 
I'm glad I took those pictures on film. It had been a while since I used this camera. I have to say I'm pretty disapointed with how they turned out on paper. They're not as clear as they used to be. Now it seems that they digitalize them for printing.







The first roll I got back today was from our walk, my mom and I's, on the High Line. I took a complete roll of pictures there! I loved it!

This is the Meat Packing District. I saw the best street art there!



Nice, right?

This building was in Chelsea I think. It was a building all covered in metal. It doesn't show very well on the picture. But I'm glad I got it because it was the end of the roll and I was pretty sure I missed it.




This is the second roll from Brooklyn this time.





We got to Brooklyn by the subway and we decided to walk by the Brooklyn bridge to go back to Manhattan. But we messed up and ended up taking the Manhattan bridge, which was actually great because we got to see the Brooklyn bridge! 


By the end of the bridge there were these rooftops on the streets next to us. Seeing these pictures makes feel so happy! I really want to take more pictures on film. It's such a fun process.

This is the last picture of the roll. The bridge ends in Chinatown. Too bad the picture's cut. Maybe I got it right on the next roll when I loaded up.

Now I cannot wait to get the rest of the pictures back! I'm happy the New York pictures didn't turn out all messed up. I felt so insecure loading up my camera. I don't why I've done that tons of times before. But I was afraid all the pictures would be all black or all white because I didn't put the film correctly or the camera was broken. Oh well, they turned out okay. :p

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire