dimanche 15 juin 2014

Starting Work Again

After 9 months of being 'self-employed', I started working for 'the Man' again. :) I sell cooking gear in a department store in Le Chesnay near Versailles. 

I have to take public transportation and it's quite tedious. I have to take the metro, then the RER(which is in between the train and the metro), the train and finally the bus. I like taking public transportation though. It gives me the time to read. And the ride from Paris to Le Chesnay is not as bad as it sounds. The trains are clean and the ride has some pretty nice scenarys.
I haven't been able to take good pictures of them since it's going quite fast. Too bad!
 This is the bus, I go through Versailles in it. Depending on which bus, but sometimes I get to see the Versailles castle!

The station in Versailles is the prettiest I've ever seen! Trees and roses! I couldn't get a good picture though.






Railroads tracks for miles! To finally get to Saint Lazare which is such a pretty train station.

These are the lockers at work. I had to buy a brand new padlock on my first day to to put my stuff in one of those. On the second day, after lunch, I was unable to fit the key in it. It just would go all the way into it and I haven't been able to open the locker ever since. My sweater is still trapped in it! I have to ask a guy from security to cut the padlock. That's bad luck! :) Well, that's the only thing that went a tad wrong so far at this new place. I don't really want to say 'new job' since I've been doing this for a few years, just not all year through.


The new store is really nice, my colleagues are very friendly and they work in a very happy atmosphere. I have the time to read and draw during my breaks which I missed so much. I've done these drawing there. I'll make necklaces with them as soon as I get the supplies I ordered. I cannot wait! 
Here are scans of the four drawings I've done so far.




That's it for today. :) To whoever's reading this, have a great week!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire