lundi 22 septembre 2014

One Week Left In Chicago...

Here we are, just another week left in Chicago. Usually by now I can not wait to go back home but this time my heart is breaking a little at the thought of leaving.
I wish I could have made posts on this blog about our every day life these past 3 weeks because it has been really sweet.( But I don't have a laptop and I wouldn't have been able to upload pictures from my camera on here, and I don't really see the point of posting pictures from my tablet for a whole month.)
The only remotely bad day I had was yesterday. It was sunday and we decided to stay at the apartment, it should have been a great day for me to sew and draw but I felt uninspired. Oh well, that's OK but I guess that's why I'm feeling quite confused and meh today.

It's funny how the first week of our stay went by so slowly. We went to the beach every morning and visited Chicago the rest of the day. That was awesome. Then we got tattooed Greg and I and it was over with the beach. The weather got pretty bad so we wouldn't have gone to the beach anyway. Our 'healthy' routine went out the window though and we didn't find nor did we look for something else to replace it. But again, that's OK. We did tons of cool stuff and had so much fun.

I did a lot of things I wanted to do here. I tried a bunch of different American wines. I worked at my sewing, not as much ass I wanted to but I guess I could never sew as much as I'd like. :p 
I've finally been to Hobby Lobby again. It was quite a trip, we had to walk to the loop, take the L to Rosemont station and then take the 606 bus to the store. One of my main goal, if not my main goal, when I go to the US is to load up on craft supplies, ad this time I scored big time. I got everything I need for this year projects. Everything on my list that is.

I think writing this post, I'm trying to make myself feel better, coming up with an assessment of the days gone by.
As I said usually by this time during my trips I want to go back home. This time it's diffferent. I've been able to work here and it's not usually te case. That's all I want in the end. (When I say work I mean sewing for my online shop.)

When I get home I have a pretty nice life to go back to. I'll be working as a salesperson selling cooking gear in my favorite parisian department store and I'll be working only 3 days a week. My dream job. Not a lot of responsabilities, with people i love, doing something I like. And the rest of the time I plan on visiting my family and friends and of course making my own sewing business grow. I think it's the first time in my life I have a plan. And I also think it's a pretty good plan. Working 3 days a week should cover my basic expanses and I'll have all the time I need to do what I really love on the side.
That's it for today, it's a beautiful day here in Chicago and I can't wait to go outside.
I'll be back shortly with a new post before we leave.
It's funny how I see the posts I write here as souvenirs I'll be able to read when I get home. But in the end, I think I'll really grasp how good was this trip after a few days back home judging on the memories I have of it. Memories, memories... That's all it will be... (Sorry for being so gloomy)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire