mercredi 21 janvier 2015

Paris Modern art Museum - Altmejd Exhibit




Today Greg and I decided to take a day off. We went to the Altmejd exhibit at the Modern Art Museum. It is really not my thing, I'm not a fan of modern art, but Greg loves it. So I spent the time taking pictures of all the pieces and loving it.






This was the first room. I really don't get it. There were giant sculptures, it was fun and all but it didn't get to me at all. I didn't feel anything. Except maybe for the hawk guy who kind of freaked me out, and the man made of bananas that I found quite funny.




This one was cool. Hanging from the ceiling. But still, nothing more.






A lot of Altmejd work was based on thread. Very intricate work with thread in huge plexiglas boxes.
I was still not getting it at this point but still having a blast taking pictures.








These were parts of the biggest piece. It was kind of the making-of of all the other pieces. A lot of the elements in the previous pieces were in this one.








In this room was my favorite part of the whole exhibit. I'm quite obsessed with portraits and faces so of course I thought these pieces were quite interesting. I love how the glass eyes make them look so realistic and I can see a story or a message in almost all of them. Finally!!

So this modern art exhibit wasn't quite an epiphany on my part but it was interesting. I had no idea what to expect. A few days ago I bought doll eyes off ebay and I am planning on making art dolls out of clay. I guess that it is partly why I enjoyed the last pieces so much. :p

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire