jeudi 8 janvier 2015

Re-use, Recycle Liquor Bottle Wrapping/Packaging

Today we went grocery shopping. Greg wanted a bottle of Vodka and the only ones they had at the store were all fancy and dressed up in these(see picture above :p). I don't like it when bottles are all dressed up. It just means more garbage in the end. And usually I buy the regular kind, without the pretty packaging.





So I tried to come up with something to do with it. I was pretty surprised because the whole thing was really pretty and quite good quality. I love the all 'engraving' look to it and the fur, of course, I love the green fake fur!


So I cut the stiches off the fur and got a nice band of fake fur all ready to go.




And I cut out all the pretty designs from the wrapping. Since I make brooches, I thought I could easily use those.


First I made a cuff bracelet with the fur. I've been wanting to do that for quite some time. A while ago my cat wrapped his tail around my wrist and I got the idea to make a black and white fake fur cuff for myself. I never did it.So this time it was the perfect opportunity to use this free fake fur. :p And I love the result! I used metal clasps on each end of the fur band.




Heeee! love it!




I just sewed the cut out designs on my brooches.Simple and easy. :)
So that's how I didn't throw away the whole thing and made the most out of it. But that's just one way!
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the packaging was to make a fake leather cuff bracelet, with lace, maybe fur.






I snapped these a couple of days ago in Paris. I love the style! Those are all over our neighbourhood.
Anyway, I just wanted to share. Since I am jobless now, I feel liberated. I feel like I have more time to look around and notice this kind of things.


I'll just go back to my wine now and enjoy the rest of the night. :p


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire