mercredi 19 février 2014

Very First Post

There are a few reasons why I wanted to start this blog...

The first one is that I recently started sewing with a sewing machine, I want to keep track of my progress. Today it's been a little more than a month that i started, I made a bunch of pillow cases, two handbags, a cover for my sewing machine with a neat hole for the handle, tons of make up pouches, ipad cases.... Well, I made a bunch of stuff :)



Most of the blogs I've seen, the girls writing them are sewing experts, I'm clearly not, and that's what I would have wanted to see, failures :p Sewing with a machine is so hard to me, and it takes so much patience and experimentation!

Another reason why I'm starting this blog is to practice my English :p And that would be so cool to meet English-speaking people around the world :)

The last reason, and the most important, I think this one will decide the future of this blog, if everything goes well; I could move in a house in a few weeks/months, the house of my dreams, and I'd like to document that. :)

It's an old house, it used to be my Great Grand Mother's, it's in my home town, near my family. Currently I live in a tiny appartment in Paris with my boyfriend. I sew A LOT, I make felt accessories and jewelry, and this place is cramped! With all my felt, fabrics etc. It's just too small. And also I miss having a garden and nature all around.

It's not a sure thing that we get the house, I'm really nervous about it because this would be my dream life to live there! Plus I would have my own sewing studio, the house is big enough!!


By the way, my name is Claire, I'm 29, I own a cutie pie of a cat named Hopi, I love making stuff....


Here are a few of the things I've made since I have my sewing machine






Here are the brooches I make... I started to make them 2 and a 1/2 years ago and I sell them here:
http://www.alittlemarket.com/boutique/luckybillie
They are all hand sewn :) That's just a very small example, I've made more than a thousand...





And this is my cat, Hopi, he will be two on May 1st :) He makes me melt!!!!






This is it for my very first post :) 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire