mardi 28 octobre 2014

Chicago on Film, Photo Dump #1




I got back the seven rolls of film I dropped at the lab when I got back from Chicago on October 1st.
Where to begin? Seven rolls mean lots of pictures to state the obvious. :)
The first picture, the picture of me, was taken at my birthday party in June. I love to get pictures back from the lab and refresh all these memories from a few months ago. :)
This post is going to be a photo dump!






 Every time I go to Chicago, one of the first thing I go to is this sculpture, the Cloud Gate, or 'Bouboule' as we call it with my friend Estelle. I have so many pictures of it already from over the years but I just can't help myself!

I bought a nice tripod during our stay and couldn't wait to use it so we went on a walk with Greg and I took a roll of pictures of Chicago by night!

 I've never been a fan of this open stage in the Millenium Park but seeing these pictures, I'm starting to like it a lot!
The colors were changing, it was quite magical.

I think this is my favorite picture from this trip! On our walk at night to try out my tripod, we passed by the Hancock center, I looked up and saw it had its top lost in fog. It looked so surreal!


Coming back from the beach by the aquarium one day we caught this sight of the Buckingham fountain at dusk.

 We walked an awful lot for a month. When I got back to France my legs and feet were sore for few days. We only took the train twice. Once on the first day to go from O'Hare to our apartment and some other time to go to Elk Grove Village( Hobby Lobby and Walmart). I think we walked an average of 8miles a day. It felt great, I love walking.
At the beginning of our stay, we took a walk 'on the other side of the river', that is West Chicago and came by factories, and railroad tracks. It was a very a hot day, I was quite crabby. :p

Delicous and healthy food at Elly's on Clark.

Neo, a club, on Clark as well. I've never been inside, well I'm not a club person, but last year Greg took a picture of this wall and has been using it as a screen saver ever since. :) It looks very familiar now.

This is the door of a school in Lakeview East. The school is right next to the apartment we rented last year. It has many murals all over.

A cat that was watching passer-bys in a shop window. He reminded me of my cat who is also black and white.

This is it for today, I feel bad posting so many pictures and not having many things to say about them. But it's been a while since Chicago now. I wish I could have done that from over there but I didn't have a laptop nor did I find a place to get my films processed. But I'm just so glad I put my Grand Pa's old film camera to use. And I love the kind of dreamy/blurry/yellow aspect of film.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire