mercredi 8 octobre 2014

Home At Last

A week ago today we just got back home from the airport. Our month in Chicago had just ended. It was a fun month and I came back inspired and refreshed. I was supposed to start work last saturday. We got back to Paris on a Wednesday but my manager asked me to start the next day. That was harsh. I haven't had the time to do anything. No laundry, no sewing, no grocery shopping...


This was our routine in Chicago, almost every morning I would cook eggs and bacon. So different from our breakfasts here in France. They mainly consist of a bowl of cereals for me and a cup of coffee for Greg.


We went to the Lincoln Park Zoo a couple of times. This chimp pretty much express how I felt a few days ago. Sleepy and depressed. I came home thinking the life of my dreams would start and all the plans I had made just went out the window. The schedule I should have had at work has been completely rearranged without my knowing, leaving me less time to focus on my sewing. I was very angry. I'm so glad I have my colleagues though. They are a bunch of awesome people. We chat a lot, they are so interesting. 





One of my favorite places in Chicago is the Lincoln Park Observatory. It's a green house full of tropical plants. and like the zoo, the admission is free. How awesome is that? We always try to drop a few dollars in the box at the entrance though.




I finally been able to try my hands at block carving and printing. It had been on my to-do list for quite a while.



This is my new tattoo on my inner left arm. :D  




Chicago is such a beautiful city. I love the lake shore. The beach has really been my favorite place this year. I've been to Chicago seven times in nine years. I had never been swimming in the lake that much before this trip. What a blast!


Night ritual. Beer or wine or both. :p 

I'm glad I'm home. I had a grand time in Chicago but I couldn't wait to start working again. Even though this last week has been pretty tough on my nerves, I'm starting to catch the pace and bite the bullet about my job as a salesperson not going as I wanted. It's not that bad.
It's also exciting to start thinking about next year's trip. We have 11months now to come up with something nice. :p
For this post I just picked my favorite pictures from my digital reflex camera. Yesterday I dropped 6 rolls at the lab from my film camera. I cannot wait to get those back! 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire