mercredi 29 octobre 2014

Chicago On Film, Photo Dump #2

As I said many times already in my previous entries, the beach has been my favorite place to go to during this vacation. We've been to three different beaches this year. The water was crystal clear as you can see.




 I had been meaning to do that again for such a long time! In 2002, my family and I went to Turkey and we had this underwater disposable camera. We used it in the pool, it was so much fun!
I wanted one for our mornings at the beach and, I still can't believe I did, but found one in Wicker Park. So we took these gems with Greg, and many more. These are the best. I'm happy a bunch turned out OK. I was so sure they were all going to be unrecognisable shapes but no, they're OK. :)



And I said repeatedly, I had been wanting to go to this place for quite some time. I took a few pictures of the concert o, film as well! What an awesome night! Beer, Blues... We even met a french guy there. And we bought a bunch of souvenirs from my family and us, a couple of shirt, a CD and a poster... I'm glad I got out of my comfort zone for once and did this. I'm not a big fan of crowds and my ears have become very sensitive to loud sounds. Oh well, I drank a few beers, rolled up my napkin in little balls I put in my ears and I was fine. :) Drunk and fine!





Making dinner at the appartment. A fond memory as well.

I tried my hand a tiny bit at self portraits. Really tiny bit, I took three pictures of myself.
I've been reading and reading again this blog by Marguerite Gisele and it is so inspiring! Her pictures are breath taking, she is gorgeous and her work is so inspiring! I love how she captures the beauty of every day things in her pictures. I really LOVE her blog.
I'm not thrilled with my self portraits but at least I tried and they turned out OK. I can't stand my face on them but at least they are not blurry. :p  (not TOO blurry)



 Another new thing I tried with my camera is the telephoto lens the Mom of a friend gave to me. I don't have many occasion to use it so it brought it one day we went to the Lincoln Zoo and took a whole roll with it. Once again it did not turned out as bad as I thought it would. Well most of them are pretty bad still, that's why I'm only putting a very few here. :p


 How pretty are these?? No wonder I got one of these as a tattoo. They mesmerize me!
I'm glad I got this one right, even though there is this pole in the middle of the picture looking awful. But at least I got a rather clear gorilla.

That's it with Chicago now. 2014 has been a great year trip-to-the-USA-wise for me. I've been to New York in May and Chicago in September. For once I don't feel antsy to go back! *sigh of relief*
But I know I'm going to be happy when I do. :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire