samedi 29 août 2015

Latest Roll

Yesterday I came back from a 10 day vacation with my Grand Pa. We went to Corrèze in the center of France and it was beautiful. We've seen a lot of absolutely gorgeous little villages, castles and country roads. I shot 6 rolls. I would have taken more but I only brought theses six. It was a blast.

Yesterday I came back to 'real' life. Not so 'real' because it's only the beginning of vacation time for me. On tuesday I'm flying to Portland, OR, for a month. There is still a lot of things to do to be ready for this trip but I'm very excited.


These two are from a exhibit I saw at the Quai Branly Museum, Tatoueurs et Tatoués. About tattoos and tattoo artists. The picture of the arm is a mummyfied tattooed arm. It was the most impressive thing to see there. I wasn't too thrilled about the whole thing. It was not very original, mainly the history of tattoos and tattoo artists through time and countries. I guess I was expecting a little bit more or something different. Besides, I love tattoos but I'm not very interested in the industry and tattoo artists. I love picking an artist out of the blue just by walking in a tattoo shop and picking the one I like best by his or her portfolio.
I think what I wanted to see was pictures of tattoos on different people telling us their motivations behind getting tattoos and the stories behind the pieces they got. And also, a selection of tattoo artists and what they liked about their job, what they love to tattoo and what they don't. Things like that.

Plants growing on a building by the Quai Branly Museum.






We found a new spot to have a beer during august, it such a typical little parisian café, we went there twice and we were almost the only costumers each time. It was kind of sad for the place but I really enjoy uncrowded places. We've been there tonight and it was a completely different story, people got back to Paris, vacation time is over! So long deserted August Paris!




Street art by our place. Ever changing! I guess it will be different pieces when we get back in a month! 













These are the last pictures before my trip to Corrèze. Just the little things. :) I'm so tired right now.
I have so many things on my mind! It's a good thing. Tomorrow will be a busy day,the day after as well...And finally on Tuesday we fly.............


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire