lundi 13 novembre 2017

Austin, September 2017, shot on film, Olympus OM2


It's kind of hard to write about our trip to Austin now. It was in September and it feels like ages ago. I guess that's partly because these pictures are film, it took me a few weeks to get them back from the lab, and then life back home takes over and it gets harder and harder to write about these.
I'm kind of not in the mood anymore.
I only have a general feeling about this trip. A good one too.
Last year we went to Toronto and it didn't feel right. For many different reasons. The appartment sucked, I had two other trips to follow and couldn't keep my mind in the moment.
Well, Austin felt right. 
Even though the city itself didn't take our breaths away, we enjoyed it immensly.
We also very much enjoyed our airbnb apartment. We spent a lot of time in it actually. Watching TV and drinking beer and tequila for the most part.
Real vacation time you might say. ;)

Greg and his favorite flowers in Austin

We actually did kayak there, and it was awesome! Something I had wanted to do for a very long time. Now it's done and I can't wait to do it again!


A little self portrait before going on one of our adventures.

Little turtle.



Greg's new old cap. $3 at the thrift store.

Austin Capitol. The gift shop there rocks. For tourists like us, it was the best place to get souvenirs of Austin for our family.

The barfing racoon caught my eye (and stole my heart).


This was a sight. Maybe a symbol.



Another self portait of two very tired walkers in the blazing heat.




SRV statue for my brother.

My favorite plant.

Big wave love. We drank so much of it, we're probably still peeing it a little.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire