mardi 1 mars 2016

Care Package

My best friend Jess lives pretty far away from me. I live in Paris, she lives in Bretagne. I haven't seen her in almost a year. We text each other a lot but it's tough. I have had the best laughs with her (she even made me throw up once because she made me laugh so hard), we share so many interests and I miss crusing around with her in her car.


Last time I saw her I brought her a box of my favourite tea. Recently I discovered an another amazing flavor by the same brand and I wanted to share it with her, so I decided to make her a care package with a couple of tea boxes.

Then something happened. I read the Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson Mc Cullers. Most of our conversations with Jess revolve around books. I loved this book so much, I couldn't put it down, I wanted to share this with Jess as well, so I bought her a copy. I also made her a cushion, it was the perfect gifts for a cozy afternoon. Tea + good book + comfy pillow. I could just picture her reading with a hot cup of tea on her cofee table snuggled in a blanket, all comfortable and warm with her new pillow. But I kind of lost control...




I wrote her a letter, of course.

 I thought it was kind of cheap to just send her a pillow, some tea and a book. So I decided to home make a few more presents. It was so fun! I made her a painting, a necklace, a scented mini cushion with bergamot essential oil and a pouch with random words in it so she could write stories with them (since she likes to write short stories in her spare time). I also bought a USB key to send her some of my favorite pictures, from me and artists.


That was fun and so comforting to send her all those things! I waited anxiously for the package to reach her. It was a heavy one, a little underneath 5kg!
She loved it. :) I can't wait for her to read The Heart is a Lonely Hunter so she can tell me what she thought! 

On the way to the post office with my 5kg parcel that got my muscles sore the day after from carrying for half a mile.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire