mardi 23 août 2016

Canonet QL17 Test Roll

Going through my grand father's stuff, I stumbled upon a bunch of analog cameras, including the Canonet QL17. It's a compact little camera and quite popular right now. 
I took it for a test roll on a walk through Paris. I had only taken a bunch of pictures at home and took it to Saint Michel where I was planning to go book shopping. It was working perfectly up to this point. 
But in the bookshop my tote bag tore apart and the Canonet fell to the ground right on the lens in a loud crash. Good thing I was crouching, it didn't fall from very high. But the little needle indicating what setting you should use according to the lighting broke on the spot. It's not moving anymore. The camera still technically works but I don't know what precise setting to pick for each picture.
Anyway, point is, it still works. That's a relief. Because 24hours in my hand and it was already damaged. 

I like this camera because it has a self timer. I still need to get used to it and practice, it could become a fun little camera to shove in my purse on a daily basis. 


I did a terrible job at scanning the pictures, all I can see is the black line on each one of them. I should probably edit them, but no, I'll just complain about my shitty work. :p

Because of heavy rains, the Seine flooded. It was quite impressive.


This structure is brandnew. It is the new Les Halles. It's quite beautiful and very pleasant. It's the same as before in the sense that there is a lot of shops, restaurants, cafés etc but it's cleaner and surely more impressive.






Tiny pumpkin. Now the plant is huge and it gave us beautiful flowers. But no baby pumpkin. All the flowers withered and left nothing.

I think I'll bring the Canonet to Toronto, to try my hand at it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire