jeudi 18 août 2016

So Many Things...


It's been a while since I posted something here. For a couple of reasons. The first one is that my beloved camera, the Canon A1, doesn't work anymore. I shot a few rolls(quite a lot actually) but most of the pictures came back blank, until it was the whole roll.
I found a new camera, my grand father's on my Dad's side. It's an Olympus OM-2 but I still need a lot of getting used to.
The other reason, is that my beloved Grand Ma passed away. In my last post I had just learnt that she was going to die shortly. She did about a week after. I haven't cried about it. I still don't know how I feel. It had been ten years since she was completly sick from dementia, unable to speak a proper word, let alone recognize any of us.





Nothing much has been going on. I started a new job selling rugs in my favorite parisian store. I worked for them three weeks in march-april, and I've been working from june 22nd till next saturday night. It's fun. And I love this store so much. Hmmm, I should go there and take pictures, it's such a beautiful place and so old too (160yo).

I've been reading a loooot! It started with the comics pictured above and then I bought book after book until my birthday in June. I usually read a dozen or more books every year. This year, 2016, I've read about 50 so far. I've never read that much. It started on the day my Mom called to tell me my Grand Ma was about to pass, I was reading a Stephen King and I just found refuge in it.
Plus I made myself this very cosy reading nook by the window, so I'm using it!







These pictures are all from April(!!!). I went on a few book hauls since then, it was awesome. 
My birthday was in june and I bought around 40 books, including a bunch of photography books (Vivian Maier and Saul Leiter). It feels good to take the time to read, always. Especially since I haven't been that productive with my online jewelry shop.


















Sorry for the photo dump :p
These are some of the last pictures shot with the Canon A1. Makes me emotionnal :p


This year so far has been pretty bitter sweet. So I'm trying to make it sweeter everyday. That's why I'm going to Toronto for a month with Greg, my boyfriend. Well, there's nothing new here, every year since we started dating we go away for a month (september). We've been twice to Chicago, once to Portland and so this year we're going to Toronto.

The thing is I have this urge to travel, and when the other day my manager told me after august they wouldn't need me until november I just had to plan more trips. 

That is why the first two weeks of october I'm going on a trip somewhere in France(we don't know where yet) with my Grand Pa and his caravan.

But the biggest step I've taken travelwise, is that from October 18th to November 3rd, I'll be in Memphis, TN, with my brother. It makes my heart melt with joy. 

We've been to Memphis with my parents about 15years ago and we have always wanted to go back for some reason. I guess Beale Street really made an impression on the both of us. We want to see it again. I wanted to go to Nepal with my brother, just the two of us, some kind of bonding experiment. But he said 'USA first. I miss the USA too much'. What could I say?? Yes! Of course! Let's go!

Two highlights of this trip will be that I'll get to spend my first Halloween in the States, I'm extremely happy about this, but also, on October 22nd we're going to see Loreena McKennitt perform live. I've been a fan ever since I discovered her album 'the Book of Secrets' thanks to my canadian penpal in 1999.

It's funny because, I've been to Toronto as well. Seventeen years ago. I've only spent a couple of days in the city. But still, nothing really new this year. I feel like it's such a luxury to travel so far to see something you've seen years ago. And yet, I also feel that no place is the same two years in a row. So one should go back to places one's been before.

That's why I'm planning on going to Chicago again and again. Whenever I can. So we don't lose touch. So we're acquainted still. But not quite yet. Let's see if I have money left when I come back in November, which I doubt.

I can't believe how awesome this next couple of months is going to be. I'm planning on taking a lot of pictures. I hope I'll get by with my new old camera. :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire