mercredi 30 novembre 2016

Memphis October 2016

I came back from Memphis almost a month ago and I think this trip changed me and opened my eyes.
I've been going to the US for almost 20 years, at least once a year, I feel quite at home now whenever I go there... and yet Memphis happened.
A slap in the face, in the best way possible.
I didn't think the US could shake me again that violently and yet they did.
Memphis is, in my opinion, a city struggling after the worldwide financial crisis. So many shops closed, so many buildings abandonned... And yet, people are the nicest I have seen in ages. And it changed everything for a tourist like me.
Kindness from strangers almost got me crying quite a few time while in Memphis, and it was heartbreaking to leave this town.



It's not a pretty city, it's not boomng, there is not much going on and yet I had a blast.










The buildings remaining of better times were gorgeous. But oh, so desolated.







Our room at the motel, the one on the top corner.


Our go-to-spot for lunch.


Yay, Halloween!



It took me a while to upload these pictures here. It is kind of painful to see them and have to talk about the whole experience.
I wasn't expecting this. I thought I had it all figured out...
And yet I was rocked to the core.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire