mardi 3 avril 2018

First Morning in Chicago

We got there on Feb 20th, to the Hotel Lincoln in the Old Town neighborhood. We got upgraded to a junior suite. That was a very nice start, very nice indeed.
We hadn't seen Chicago in 3 and 1/2 years. I was a little scared Chicago would have lost its appeal. The cold of winter might not have been quite an ideal time to visit such a city, and we've been around in 3 and 1/2 years, maybe the other cities we visited would dim Chicago's grandeur.
Boy, was I wrong.
On the first morning we headed to the beach, because in the end, I think what I like the most about this city is the lake.
The lake was all frozen and angry. It looked like the end of the world and a new beginning all at once. It just took my breath away.
I felt like Trinity seeing the sky for the first time in The Matrix Revolutions.


 


Of course I had to finish this black and white roll, so I don't have color pictures where you can really see the difference between the sand and the ice. But Greg took a few digital ones I might put up later.



We walked along the lake till we reached the Magnificent Mile, and then down to the Cloud Gate. 
 


Crashing on a bench to take it all in.





Our first day in Chicago was pretty emotional and thrilling.
 We booked the tickets on december 23rd. We had this planned out for a short while only compared to the trips we take every September. It felt weird and the journey felt so quick from Paris to Chicago, it took a little adjustment once there. But on this first day, I think we fully understood what we had done :p
We had come on another trip (the third Greg and I together) to this gorgeous city.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire