vendredi 13 janvier 2017

Bookshops in Memphis

At first I was very saddened not to find a bookshop in Memphis just roaming the streets without a real direction. 
In Toronto, a month prior, we came by so many bookstores just taking a walk. Memphis necessited a little research. And Memphis bookshops, once found, did not disappoint.

The two I liked best were in the same area. A very cute little part of town with a bunch of other shops and restaurants.


Right accross the street from the bookshop there is  a cat adoption agency with lots of cats in the window. My brother and I went nuts for a few minutes. Yeah, we missed our cats back home.


Inside of Burke's. I told my brother to go sit down because he was behind me everystep I took and it was driving me crazy. :p
The owner of Burke's was very friendly and the selection overall was good. I found a few books.


But the real gem book-wise in my opinion is Xanadu Music and Books.
It's in an actual house and all the rooms are filled with books. I found many books at Xanadu's and I was very happy to find a whole section devoted to black writers and black history.
They have a huge selection of everything, some quite old editions for a cheap price, I really loved this place. 
Plus we chatted with the owners, they were adorable. They also have a very friendly cat. I loved this place so much.



Memphis was all about exploring, there is not much at first glance. Thank God for the internet so we were able to find places like this one.

This is my last post about this city. As a conclusion I'll just say that Memphis now holds a special place in my heart, I had the most thrilling trip I've had in a while going there. I think it really changed me. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire