vendredi 26 juin 2015

Walk In Père Lachaise Cemetary With Celia


This morning I finally found the courage to go back to the Père Lachaise Cemetary in Paris to take more pictures (I'm having the hardest time getting out of bed lately). I went there a month ago and took a bunch of pictures with my Zenit EM. It was the first time I was using it and I wanted to do a test roll. But last week end, I wanted to unload the film but I broke it while rewinding it. Apparently this is a common problem with the Zenit.
I finished the second roll today and looked at the manual before rewinding the film and finally manage to do it. Victory!
It's kind of cool because I shot the broken roll in a hurry in order to drop it as quick as possible at the photo shop to see if the camera was still working. So I shot pretty much anything. Today with the new roll I took my time. Blessing in disguise I guess.



I took Celia with me. I figured she would be happy to get some fresh air. ;)
I got Celia through an Instagram giveaway. She's a little orphan from Dark Manor Dolls and I'm very happy to have her with me. 
I love it when mausoleums are made or part made of glass, it's always so dainty.






Last time I came to le Père Lachaise I was looking for this tomb. It's my favorite. I've been coming to the cemetary to see it for about 10 years now. But last time, I couldn't find it. I spent hours there and I just couldn't remember where it was. This morning I just walked straight to it by chance. I was so happy to see it again. I hadn't for years.
The funny thing is I walked past it last time. I took pictures of the statues that were right next to it and didn't see the Angel. It was just a few feet away. 
The statue must have so beautiful in the past. It still is. A few years ago the angel still had an eye, a very realistic one too. I saw that they redid the glass roof, probably because they buried someone in 2013. I thought this tomb was not used anymore because it's so old and the last person to have been put to rest there died ages ago. It's pretty tragic too, the family buried four little girls there, from age 11yo to 7months old, four sisters. Marie Louise, Uma, Emma and Elvina .It's always very moving to come here. The tomb said that their mother would probably not survive these events, and that we should pray for her.


Celia making friends.


Pretty flowers growing in between graves.


This guy scared the hell out of me.






I finally found a spot where Celia could stand and pose for me. :)


I really had a blast. I spent three hours walikng around and I wish I could have stayed longer but I was pretty hungry and out of film in the Zenit. As always I cannot wait to get my film pictures back. I need to drop them at the shop first maybe. :p
I'm glad I found the Angel tomb I was looking for, and I'm glad I brought Celia. Now I need to plan our next adventure.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire