dimanche 2 mars 2014

Day 2 Drawings - Water-soluble Color Pencils

I didn't feel much like sewing today, so I drew instead...




I used water-soluble color pencils by the brand Caran D'Ache for these drawings. They are so much easier to use than watercolors. This is an very good brand, the pencils are high quality. When I was a kid I had a box that belonged to my Mom when she was a kid and the pencils were still in great condition.
I do all of the outlines with a black ball point pen.
I bought this box of water colors about a year ago and gave up on them because they are so hard to manage and the colors I have are just not that great, but they are awesome to paint the background of my drawings! I used to do it with fountain pen ink, and it was quite a drag, to get the cartridge open, then put the ink in a little plate or something... Now it's much simpler with water colors and I love the result.


Here is the first drawing I did today.





Then I wanted to make the same girl but with more colors. Here's the result.







THe last drawing I did is my favourite! As you probably noticed I love doing portraits! I'm obsessed with female faces. Even the felt jewelry I make consists of 95% of girl portraits :)
Here's my drawing step by step.










It feels good to draw again!! :)



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire