dimanche 23 octobre 2016

Camera Trouble

I brought two cameras to Toronto, and both of them gave me hell.
These pics are from the Olympus OM2. It started acting weird while we were visiting the surroundings of the city hall. The mirror inside the camera would lock(which is a special feature in this camera, whenever something is wrong, the mirror inside locks and you can't use it until you push the reset button).
I finally realized it might be because the batteries were dead, I bought a couple of overpriced batteries and it worked again.

The other camera I brought was the Canonet ql17, I was able to shoot a roll and a half with it until the shutter button gave in and the camera now just won't work. Oh well, I guess I have enough cameras to work with, and I'm happy I brought two along.

The only way the Olympus would shoot was in B mode, which I had never used. So these were taken in B mode, that is as long as you press the shutter button, the shutter stays open. I had no clue there was such a feature, I'm pretty clueless about how a camera works, I know that's shameful, the only thing that matters to me is trying to take spontaneous and interesting pictures.
That must sound so pompous... but the only thing I'm trying to work on is composition. But with all the different cameras that came my way this year, I think I learned a lot about how a camera works and how to use it in manual mode, at least I think I learned a lot. :s A lot but far from all. 
Since I knew close to nothing, the little I learned feels like a lot anyway.
Why am I rambling?




So here are my very blue pictures of cool places and buildings in downtown Toronto. :p

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire