mercredi 30 avril 2014

A Day In Paris



I've been living in Paris for about a year and a half now. I don't really like it here. It's noisy, it's dirty, it's expensive, people are all stressed out... Don't get me wrong, I love Paris, I love working in Paris but I don't like living here much.
Today was nice though. My friend Estelle visited me and we spent the day talking, walking and shopping!
Paris is nice because you can walk everywhere. You don't need a car and you see so much stuff in such a small area. Basically we walked from Republique, where I live, to Saint Michel. And they are so many important monuments on the way from one of these spots to the other.
I decided I would bring my camera today, to document our adventures in the city. I was able to take a picture of my new found favorite flower shop on rue du Temple. It's a tiny shop but the selection is awrsome and it's not pricy. I got jasmine for my Mom from this place the other day.
Here it is!

This is a church right around the corner from the apartment I live in. I have no clue what it's called. :p

We went to Les Halles. It's full of shops there, it's a very busy spot in Paris. Lots of bars and restaurants, tattoo parlours, people! I used to go there all the time when I was in highschool.

This is a shop window of a library on rue du Temple that's called 'I Love My Blender'. They always have the best paper decors. They sell books in english. I love rue du Temple. It's a succession of wholesale jewelry and jewelry making shops and it leads to the BHV, my favorite store in Paris.

Here is the BHV! I worked there for a couple of years. I might work there this summer as well. I love it! It's a beautiful place! Nice working environement, great location in Paris, I love evrything about it! I used to go there with my Grand Ma when I was a little girl.


The BHV is accross the street from Paris city hall, the building on the right of the picture. We grabbed sandwiches and had lunch there.

City Hall.
Then we crossed the Seine and headed to Saint Michel. From the City Hall, Saint Michel is 15mn away walking.
And on the way, there is Notre Dame! So many gorgeous sights in such a short walk!

We crossed another arm of the Seine before getting to Saint Michel.

And there we were! The Saint Michel fountain! Saint Michel is one, if not the one place in Paris I love the most! I used to come there all the time when I was in college because you have all these book stores,and cd stores.
And there is also my favorite jewelry shop of all Paris! Every time we meet in Paris with Estelle we go there! It's the tiniest shop (what's up with me and tiny shops?). 

That's Estelle looking at the shop window.

She couldn't leave without this ring!!! :) Then we headed back to Republique.

So we crossed the Seine yet again.

Street Art I liked at Republique.

I always get a kick out of this shop. They sell miniature trains and toy soldiers. I love the old fashioned sign.

This is La Place de La Republique.

And that's all for today's adventures. :)


I did the kind of shopping I love, craft supplies!! Yarn, varnish spray, beads and pastels! 

I bought these beauties I had been eyeing for quite some time. :) That was an awesome day in Paris! :D

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire