mardi 22 avril 2014

Rings Rings Rings


I don't wear a lot of jewelry, well, that's not true, what I mean is that I always wear the same. The other day I did a post about my necklaces. Here's one about my rings.
I love the fact that they all have a story, as uninteresting as they must be, these stories mean a lot to me. :)
I wanted to share about what my jewelry stands for for me,.
I wear these seven rings almost everyday. I say 'almost' because I like to take them off when I sew or draw, and since I do that all the time, I mostly wear them when I go out nowadays.


I wear these four on my left hand. The three rings I wear on top of each other have all a story and a person behind them. My most precious ring is the blue one at the bottom (you'll soon know why) and I like to think of the two others on top as protecting it.


And here's my right hand. I wish I had more fingers. :)

My favorite ring used to be my Grand Mothers' on my Mom's side. I remember when I was a little girl she had this box of her jewelry in the living room and I would always get this ring out and try it on. It was way to big at the time, but I loved it! I never thought it would be mine one day. But about 2 years ago, my Grand Pa took it out of the vault at the bank to see if my Mom was interested in some of my Grand Ma's jewelry.
I saw this ring and tried it on, perfect fit! I had to take it, my Grand Pa let me. :) It's trully one of my most prized possession.

This one is lapis lazuli. My Mom brought it back for me from Chile. I don't think it's really pretty but as the clear blue stone represents my Grand Ma, this one stands for my Mom.

Next ring was a present from my Dad on one of my birthdays years ago. We picked it together in a jewelry shop in Montparnasse in Paris. On my finger it's on top of the two blue rings, it protects them. :)

My late Grand Ma on my Dad's side bought this ring for me when I was 15. I used to visit her every October. She lived in Paris and we would spend our days shopping. We found this ring on one of our shopping sprees. :)

Talking about shopping spree, I got this ring with my good friend Estelle on one of ours! She bought one as well with a star and red stones. They were really pricey but hey! It was around Christmas 3 or four years ago and we would keep repeating, 'We only live once! We might as well buy these expensive rings!'.
We bought them in our favorite jewelry shop in Paris, at Saint Michel. It's a tiny shop with such a great selection of antique jewelry.


These two are the last ones I got. I bought them last September on a market in Chicago, in the beautiful Lakeview neighborhood. It was such a great day, we hit the market, the record store and the bookstore that day. Then we headed to our favorite diner for some lunch. *sigh*

And that's it! :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire