dimanche 27 avril 2014

When everything goes wrong... :)


This week end most of the things I attempted miserably failed! :) Even if those are things I do on regular basis and everything goes fine, this time I messed up! :)
On friday I was invited to a birthday party and I wanted to make some 'cannelés', french cookies with rhum and vanilla. Those are delicious! When I discovered the recipe a couple of years ago I would make them all the time and I gained about 6 pounds in 2 months, but that was totally worth it! ;)
So Friday I decided to make pink cannelés since the theme of the party was flamingos! Black and pink.


They were a total disaster. I don't have pictures of them, because I was in a hurry. I was so ashamed that I didn't take them out of my bag at the said party! :s I wanted to share the recipe in the blog post but I need to make them right and take decent pictures to do so :) So I'll have to try again. But the oven here is so whimiscal, that's why I had so much trouble! The cannelés are very delicate to bake. Anyways! That was the first fail of the week end... I ate them anyway :p They were not bad to the taste...Burned in places but not bad... Just very very ugly and not in the least pink!!! Grrr!

Then today I wanted to make a bag to sell it at my online shop. I screwed up big time! :) The purse was crooked, it was too long, the portrait was not centered, I just hate it!
I asked my boyfriend to help me take the pictures anyway and it started raining! :) We couldn't finish! :)
Well, I'll just sell the bag at an on-sale price. I almost lost my temper and throw the damn thing away while I was doing it. It's so full of flaws I can't stand it! :)

And then I wanted to paint my nails.... What could possibly go wrong in such a harmless and easy process as this one? :)
I've seen all these manicures over the different blogs I'm reading using tape to make decors. I was very excited to get back my shears( I'm not sure that's the right word, what I mean is the pair of scissors you see in the pictuire, they're supposed to do zig zags as you cut). I brought them back from my place the other day.
And well, the manicure turned terrible! :)
So freaking ugly! ^^
I'm not mad nor frustrated, everything else went pretty smootly this week end. We booked an appartment for september in Chicago, I saw my friend Nina and was able to overcome social awkwardness going to her friend's birthday party, I did a few sales on my online shop... I just thought all these mishaps were funny :)

Oh yeah, and every morning I wake up with this adorable creature in my arms, so how could anything be that bad?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire