vendredi 18 avril 2014

Nail Polishes Collection



Yesterday I found out that my friend Kathleen was doing an awesome blog about all things beauty related!
I got so excited! I wanted to do a post about my nail polishes anyway but seeing what she did really got me started! So here it is!
I sorted my polishes by colors, the pictures might suck from time to time, sorry about that but the light today is really not that great.
I also counted my bottles, and I happen to have 112 nail polishes!!!!
I've always loved painting my nails. I used to bite them though, so it took years before I could really go wild in the nail polishes section at the store. Many of them come from the USA, because they're so cheap and nice over there! I always bring back a handful of them when I go. Some others, quite a lot actually, were given to me by a guy that works with my brother and has them for free, my hero! :)
Anyways... Let's start with the colors!


Pink


I have 23 pink nail polishes in various shades!

Here they all are!


These Tom Ford's are nice in color and go rather smoothly on the nail but they don't last very long, they tend to chip fast. Well, I have to admit I usually don't put clear top coat on. So I tried TF nail polish + glitter top coat, and it's just perfect this way! I have to try with clear top coat now because the colors are really awesome, they don't really need to have glitter highlights...Just kidding, glitter is always the way to go ^^
But as for the Tom Ford polishes, I wouldn't recommend them. Too expansive and very high maintenance. Not a good deal.




Brown



Not a lot to say about the browns. Really not my favorite color to put on my nails. It's nice from time to time.


Metallics


 The golden/green one from Kiko is one of my favorite polish ever! It is gorgeous, long lasting and so easy to aplly!
Here it is on my nails!


Glittery goodness! *drool*


Orange and Red

Again, those are not colors I usually wear. They might be too grown-up for me :)


Blue
 Blue! A color I really like on my nails! It's fun and dreamy and not as grown up as red.
These two are two of my oldest polishes. They are at least 15yo and they are still like new!


Haaaa! Kiko again! <3 What a great brand, rather cheap and top quality! And the choice of colors, out of this world!




Green

I stole this bottle from my mom like 17years ago, I don't really know if the polish is still good but I can't throw it away. This little bottle brings back so many memories. :)





Purple
Purple is another color I just love for my nails. For the same reasons that I like blue. They are not even my favorite colors but on my nails they always cheer me up.

This one is completely dry. When I was a kid I used to go camping every year with my grand parents and my brother near Angers. My beloved grand ma bought this bottle for me at the grocerie store during one of these trips. Just like the green polish I can't toss, I want to keep this bottle as a reminder of my camping trips and most of all of my grand ma.


Pure Ice! The brand I always go to when in the US, cheap and awesome! Great colors and everything.




Yellow and Black

I love black nail polishes. When I'm not inspired to do my nails, I turn to black.
It's so hard to find a great yellow nail polish. I haven't found one yet. They're always a drag to put on, the color is never even and you need to put quite a lot of coats for not such a great result. That's a shame because it's a nice color.

Glitter
Sorry for the crappy picture of my favorite kind of nail polish. :(
I 'discovered' glitter polishes not so long ago and boy, am I in love! They give that little extra something to any nail polish and they make them last so much longer!

Sephora by Opi are great. Quite pricy ($10 a bottle) but it's totally worth it! My clear top coat is the same brand and equally great. 
I love this one! How rich and deep this red is! I got it in Chicago in a CVS pharmacy if I remember well. We went there to pick up drinks, my brother said he would pay for them and I ended up picking a bunch of glitter polishes. Haha, he paid for them as well! ^^

The bottle for this one is so cute! My mom works in cosmetics, she goes to conferences all over the world and she brought that back for me from one of them.

Oh yeah, I have crackel overcoats by Sally Hensen as well. These are fun but you have to apply a clear top coat, otherwise they don't shine at all and look kind of gross.


Well, that's it...Here are my 112 nail polishes. I love to pick a color representing the mood I'm in when I do myself. I also have nail stickers. I feel it's just another way to express yourself and your creativity. It's good to be a girl! :)

My nails tend to break all the time. They chip and come appart in layers. I apply this lotion before I put any nail polish on and when I don't wear nail polish, which is really rare, I apply it as often as I can. It works wonders! My nails can finally grow and are so much harder and stronger.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire