vendredi 9 octobre 2015

Roll 4 Corrèze August 2015

Another day, another roll of pictures!

My Grand Pa explaining some very important matter to me.

Smiley self-portrait.





My Grand Pa getting tired of me taking his picture all the time :) He didn't stay mad long though, we found an ice cream place right after and he felt way better about my shenanigans.


 Another 'set the timer and run' self portrait.

I love doing the laundry. It's soothing. And I love taking care of my clothes and thinking of all the adventures I've been through wearing them. I don't even know if this makes sense...

Still unhappy I'm taking a picture of him again :)

This castle was one of the highlights of our trip! It was Josephine Baker's castle where she raised her Rainbow Tribe! I read her biography when I was in college to write my thesis because I was writing this piece about Billie Holiday and I needed background on black female artists of her time, so I read about Josephine Baker. What a character! I was in awe and I still am. I'm was thrilled to visit her castle. It was gorgeous. Pictures were not allowed inside the castle so I have none to show how beautiful it was, and all the cool memorabillia it contained, like her banana belt made of glittering bananas!
I was also absolutely in love with the bathrooms. Beautiful black and golden tiles or salmon ones. She would decorate her bathrooms using the colors of her favorite perfumes' bottles and packaging.

They also had a bird show in the gardens.




Tobacco drying in the wind. I didn't even know we had tobacco in France.

Les jardins d'Eyrignac

For some reason this path reminded me of a Shakespeare play... Maybe because it looks English and romantic, and theatrical... *shrug*








Salade de Gesiers

Another castle, there is so many in France...





Pretending to hang laundry for a self-portrait, how cunning! :p

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire